If you have a question, and don't know any streetmedics to ask, you are at the right page! It may take over a month to get a response, but be patient... people do check this page!
What kind of questions can I ask?
Oh, any kind of question! Here's a sampling:
- Where can I get street medic training?
- We are having an action in my town. We need street medics!
- I would like to host a training in my town / community group / school. Can we get a trainer to come? What do we have to do on our end to make a training happen?
- I am experiencing persistent effects from handcuff injury / chemical weapons / emotional trauma. I have looked at the pages on this site, but I still have a question / need a referral to further care. Help!
- I was recently trained at a street medic training, and am looking for an opportunity to work in the street / looking for further training in a particular area / looking for nearby street medics. Can you help me?
- I work for EMS / the health department, and was contacted by street medics. How do I know that they are legit?
How do I ask?
See the "talk" tab at the top of this page? Just click it and follow the directions for posting on the page. Your question will be visible to anyone who visits the page, along with your IP address if you are not logged in. If you create a free account and log in, your username will be displayed and your IP address will be hidden.
How will I know when my question has been answered?
Bookmark the talk page and check back every week. Trust us, it will be answered before too long. We do not ask for your email address or any other personal information, so we cannot email you with an answer. We will just post an answer on the page. If you do need a personal response, post a phone number or email address publicly under your question, and we will do our best to call or email you as well. After we have responded, we will remove your personal information from the page.
What if I make a mistake?
It is as easy to edit your question as it was to ask it. Just follow the directions on the "talk" tab again to edit what you wrote.
Can I get banned from posting?
Yes. If you delete other peoples' questions, post profanity, spam, or pornography, or threaten another poster you will be blocked from contributing to the medic wikia for a period of time. You are welcome to answer questions if you feel you could help.
Wait... how do I do this?
Scroll back up to the top of the page and click the "talk" tab up there. Then follow the directions. It is ridiculously easy!